The call for applications for an ASEM-DUO mobility grant for the academic year 2018-2019 is open. The Submission deadline is 14th of May 2018 local Korean time (GMT +9).
Established since 2010, the ASEM-DUO Korea Fellowship Program aims the promotion of undergraduate and graduate students exchange. The applicants must be currently enrolled in a university in Korea or an European country (the participating european countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the U.K.). In this respect, DUO-Korea requires that a PAIR (two persons) of students participate in an academic cooperative arrangement.
Eligibility criteria for participating institutions
The applicants must meet all eligibility requirements below:
- An higehr education institution in Korea (home institution) and an higehr education institution in Europe (host institution) have established an academic cooperative arrangement/inter-institutional agreement;
- The Korean home institution has selected a national student enrolled at the home institution to send to the Asian host institution, and such selection has been accepted by the European host institution;
- The same European host institution has selected an EU citizen student enrolled at the host institution to send to the Swedish home institution, and such selection has been accepted by the same Korean home institution.
- Students that have already started the exchange before the application period for ASEM-DUO Korea 2018 are not acceptable.
Funding and duration
ASEM-DUO Korea 2018/2019 is for exchange projects which will start from August 2018 and end before September 2019.
The selection of ASEM-DUO Korea 2018/2019 is made only once a year. In this respect, those who are planning to exchange in Spring Semester of 2019 (January-August 2019) shall apply for ASEM-DUO Korea 2018/2019.
The duration of fellowship is limited to one semester (or 4 months, whichever comes earlier). The amount of the fellowships is standardized as follows:
- For students: 1 semester (or four months) for an amount of 8,000 Euro for both students in a pair (4,000 Euro each).
- Maximum duration for application is 1 semester.
Applications will be accepted until May 14th 2018 GMT+9. Applications submitted beyond that deadline will not be accepted.
More information as well as the application forms can be found on the ASEM-DUO fellowship Programme website.