The call for applications for an ASEM-DUO mobility grant for the academic year 2018-2019 is open. The Submission deadline is 21st of May 2018.
Established since 2010, the ASEM-DUO Sweden Fellowship Program aims the promotion of undergraduate and graduate students exchange. The applicants must be currently enrolled in a university in Sweden or an Asian country (the 21 Asian countries: including Australia, Bangladesh, Brunei Darussalam, Myanmar, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, New Zealand, Pakistan, the Philippines, Russia, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam). In this respect, DUO-Sweden requires that a PAIR (two persons) of students participate in an academic cooperative arrangement.
Eligibility criteria for participating institutions
The higher education institution in Sweden applies on behalf of both institutions and people who are to participate in the exchange. Asian institutions in partnership with Sweden institutions shall cooperate fully with Swedish institutions in supplying precise information of Asian applicants. Individuals wishing to take part in exchanges are advised to contact the relevant offices (e.g. International Relations Offices) of the educational institutions to file an application for this program.
The applicants must meet all eligibility requirements below:
- An educational institution in Sweden (home institution) and an educational institution in Asia (host institution) have established an academic cooperative arrangement/inter-institutional agreement;
- The Swedish home institution has selected an EU national student enrolled at the home institution to send to the Asian host institution, and such selection has been accepted by the Asian host institution;
- The same Asian host institution has selected an Asian student enrolled at the host institution to send to the Swedish home institution, and such selection has been accepted by the same Swedish home institution.
Funding and duration
ASEM-DUO Sweden 2018/2019 is for exchange projects which will start from August 2018 and end before September 2019.
The selection of DUO-Sweden 2018/2019 is made only once a year. In this respect, those who are planning to exchange in Spring Semester of 2019 (January-August 2019) shall apply for ASEM-DUO Sweden 2018/2019.
The duration of fellowship is limited to one semester (or 4 months, whichever comes earlier). The amount of the fellowships is standardized as follows:
- 3,500 Euros for Asian student and 3,500 Euros for Swedish students in a pair, in high income country. For Middle and Low income countries the Asian student get 4,000 Euros and the Swedish student get 3,000 Euros.
- The duration of exchange should be at least one semester and the scholarship is only available for those studying fulltime (minimum 24 ECTS/16 weeks). Exchange of less than one semester is NOT allowed. If a semester is longer than 4 months in the visiting institution, fellowship will be given for 4 months.
(A definition of fulltime study in Sweden is 30 ECTS credits per semester, which is in general 20 weeks).
Applications will be accepted until May 21st 2018 GMT+1. Applications submitted beyond that deadline will not be accepted.
More information as well as the application forms can be found on the ASEM-DUO fellowship Programme website.