ASEM DUO Belgum-Flanders Fellowship Program 2018 - 2019
ASEM DUO-Belgium/Flanders Fellowship Program promotes exchanges of students between Belgium/Flanders and 4 Asian countries (China, India, South Korea and Vietnam) on a balanced and permanent basis. In this respect, DUO-Belgium/Flanders requires that a PAIR (two persons) of students will be exchanged in the framework of a cooperative project.
Applicants might be undergraduate (bachelor) and graduate (master) students who are currently enrolled in universities or university colleges in Flanders or one of the four Asian countries. Nationality of the student is not a criterion, but all applicants must maintain their “student status” from the time of application until the end of their exchange period.
Eligibility for participating insitutions
The participating institutions have to all five requirements below:
1) A higher education institution in Belgium/Flanders (home institution) and an educational institution in Asia (host institution) have established an academic cooperative agreement or have the intention to set up a new cooperation agreement.
2) The Flemish higher education institution, as well as the Asian partner cannot ask tuition fees to the students for the exchanges.
3) The Flemish home institution has selected a Flemish student enrolled at the home institution to send to the Asian host institution, and such selection has been accepted by the Asian host institution. A Flemish student is defined as a student from any nationality, subscribed in a Flemish Higher Education Institution.
4) The same Asian host institution has selected an Asian student enrolled at the host institution to send to the Flemish home institution, and such selection has been accepted by the same Flemish home institution.
5) If the Flemish student has already started the exchange or the Asian student has already stayed in Belgium/Flanders before the application period for DUO- Belgium/Flanders 2018, the application is not acceptable.
The higher education institution in Belgium/Flanders applies on behalf of both institutions and persons who are to participate in the exchange. Asian institutions shall cooperate fully with Flemish institutions in supplying precise information of Asian applicants. Individuals wishing to take part in exchanges are advised to contact the relevant offices (e.g. International Relations Offices) of the higher education institution to file an application for this program.
Applications will be accepted until April 2nd 2018 GMT+1. Applications submitted after April 2 2018 will not be accepted.
ASEM DUO-Belgium/Flanders 2018 is for exchange projects, which will start from August 2018 and end before September 2019 to avoid duplication of implementation period of exchange projects selected by DUO-Belgium/Flanders in the ensuing years. The selection of DUO-Belgium/Flanders 2018 is made ONLY once a year. In this respect, those who are planning to exchange in Spring Semester of 2019 (January-August 2019) shall apply for DUO-Belgium/Flanders 2018.
More information as well as the application forms can be found on the ASEM-DUO website.