ASEM Technical and Vocational Education and Training Seminar, Latvia
Latvia is organizing the forthcoming ASEM seminar on Technical and Vocational Education and Training. The goal is to exchange the best practices on TVET policies in ASEM countries through dialogue, specifically focusing on presenting examples of involvement of industry in TVET planning, education and training process, skills development and international cooperation.
- Participants: Representatives from all ASEM countries representing ministries, agencies, or stakeholder organizations.
- Expected results: Exchange of practices between participants of the seminar from European and Asian countries on topical matters related to the TVET developments in policy planning and methodology areas.
- Practical considerations: Latvian counterparts will cover venue costs, meals and local transport to the sites in the agenda and a city tour, while flights, hotel costs, transport to and from the airport are to be covered by the participants themselves.
- Recommended hotel: Grand Poet Hotel by Semarah Hotels, Raina Blvd. 5/6, Riga, LV-1050, Latvia https://grandpoet.semarahhotels.com/
Fill in the registration form here.
|Start||April 24, 2018 - 7:00 pm|
|End||April 26, 2018 - 4:30 pm|
|Location||Grand Poet Hotel, Riga|
Arrival day (24 April)
- 19:00 Welcome cocktail and socialising
Day 1 (25 April)
- 9:00 - Registration and refreshments Grand Poet Hotel
- 09:30 - Opening by the Ministry of Education and Science of Latvia State Secretary of the Ministry of Education and Science of Latvia Ms Līga Lejiņa (tbc)
- 09:40 - Opening by the representative of ASEM Education Secretariat
- 09:50 - Introduction round of participants
- 10:00 - Keynote speech on TVET policy. Presentation by the European Commission, Mr. Joao Santos (DG for Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion, European Commission) (tbc)
- 10:20 - Keynote speech on TVET developments and achievements by Asian/guest country representative
- 10:40 - Thematic presentations and moderated discussions by the host country:
- Recent reforms and VET developments in Latvia (Ms Rūta Gintaute–Marihina, Ministry of Education and Science of Latvia)
- 11:00 - Coffee/Tea break
- 11:30 - Thematic presentations and moderated discussions by the host country (continued):
- Legislation, administration and institutional arrangements for involvement of industry and employers in VET (Ms Ruta Porniece, Employers’ Confederation of Latvia)
- Validation of learning outcomes through informal and non-formal learning (Ms Līva Šmaukstele, State Education Quality Service)
- 12:30 - Lunch at the venue Grand Poet Hotel
- 14:00 - Visits to Riga State Technical College (for printing and publishing, electrician qualifications), followed by visits to respective companies to demonstrate cooperation with the industry on particular qualifications.
- 17:30 - 19:00 Free time
- 19:00 - Organized dinner Restaurant “Kaļķu vārti” http://www.kalkuvarti.lv/
Day 2 (26 April)
- 10:00 - Skills competitions as TVET prestige and excellence hub, place where industry and TVET meets (Presentation at the State Education Development Agency premises, director Ms Dita Traidās)
- 10:45 - Excursion to SkillsLatvia 2018 National TVET competition at Riga exhibition venue Kipsala
- 13:00 - Lunch Restaurant “Piramida” https://www.radissonblu.com/en/ridzenehotel-riga/restaurants
- 15:00 - 16:30 City tour by bus
End of official Programme
- 19.00 - Opera “Faust” at Latvian National Opera and Ballet https://www.opera.lv/en/production/faust/