Task Force Meeting Stocktaking Report
The ASEM Education Secretariat (AES) drafts the Stocktaking Report, based on the recommendations of the seminars and conferences and the outcomes of the output oriented activities. This stocktaking is intended to give an overview of policies implemented in the Member States, and activities which could further enhance cooperation and take the ASEM education process. This information is sent to the ASEMME host and the Senior Officials of the ASEM members, in order to add initiatives and set priorities.
In the Chair’s Conclusions of ASEMME6 (CC 47) the Ministers mandated the ASEM Education Secretariat to reorganize the stocktaking of the ASEM Education Process for each priority area towards process reporting. The ministers believed that the biennial stocktaking report being further developed/optimized with a view providing a detailed and standardized collection and analysis of results without duplicating existing reports on OECD, UNESCO, EU level etc. can provide valuable input to the Senior Officials´ Meetings.
Based on this mandate, the ASEM Education Secretariat beliefs that a stocktaking report with more analysis of results and conclusions of the different ASEM Education initiatives, can only be successful with the support of experts from ASEM partners. Therefore, the ASEM Education Secretariat suggests some adjustments in the current process of developing the Stocktaking report.
During a physical Task Force Meeting in Brussel (17-18 September 2018) the current structure of stocktaking reports will be analyzed and improved in order to meet the expectations of the Chair’s Conclusions. All ASEM partners and Stakeholders have been invited to this meeting to think and discuss about the stocktaking process and the report format.
More information about the planning of the Stocktaking process can be found here.
|Start||September 17, 2018 - 9:45 am|
|End||September 18, 2018 - 3:00 pm|
|Location||Flemish Ministry of Education and Training, Brussels|
Monday 17 September 2018
- 9.45 - Registration and coffee
- 10.00-10.30 - Step 1: Brainstorm on expectations and purposes of the stocktaking report
- 10.30-12.00 - Step 2: reviewing past stocktaking reports with focus on stucture and type of content
- 12.00-13.00 - Lunch
- 13.00-17.00 - Step 3: Developing the structure, formulating objectives for each section
Tuesday 18 September 2018
- 9.00-10.00 - Step 4: Discussion on type of input needed
- 10.00-10.15 - Coffee break
- 10.30-12.00 - Step 5: Discussion on methods of analysis and writing
- 12.00-13.00 - Lunch Break
- 13.00 - 15.00 - Discussion and agreement on further steps to be taken, task division